Tuesday, April 12, 2011

FSMW and U-Verse

I know that many out there are upset about the Fox Sports Midwest and U-Verse dispute and not showing several of the Cardinal games.  I think both sides are being stupid and that the fans/customers are the ones that are hurt.  I get it.  I understand being upset, but welcome to my world.  At least you live in an area where you get to watch most games.  Missing a couple dozen games shouldn't be that big of deal.  You're lucky.

These rate disputes happen for lots of cable companies with lots of channels.  This wasn't the first dispute and won't be the last.  It's only going to keep getting worse in the future.  There is no perfect cable or satellite provider.


If you've actually listened to the games instead of just complaining, you would notice Mike Shannon having a difficult time.  It's been difficult to listen to as he's had almost no enthusiasm in his voice.  I hope he gets to feeling better.

Also, maybe U-Verse shouldn't show more games.  The Cardinals are 2-0 in games not shown during this dispute.

3 comments:

  1. Shannon seemed OK last week when I heard him, but really sounded bad last night. Wonder if he has a cold or something? Could be all the traveling gets to him at his age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the baseball blogging universe. I look forward to more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s really too bad that the MLB blackout radius is so large for each team which has a lot of people upset too. I don’t miss the Rockies though because they are always broadcast locally when not on another channel. If I were an AT&T customer though and I was missing 20 Rockies games like they’re missing the Cardinals I would be furious. I would switch to DISH Network because they paid the money to have those games on Fox Sports Midwest and my employee account has the Multi-sports package to get it which is less expensive than U-verse’s sports package.

    ReplyDelete