Sunday, April 17, 2011

Now What?

I'm on the bandwagon with everyone else that Franklin has to go, at least out of the closer role.  I'm not for cutting him from the roster and not totally against giving him another shot down the line, but right now something has to change.

Who should it be?

The two most mentioned names on twitter are Boggs and Sanchez.  Neither has any experience in the role.

Last week on KMOX, Tony La Russa mentioned that Batista might be the next option.  He's got the most experience as a closer.  That was many years ago. I think that Tony might chose to give him the next shot, if he doesn't keep running Franklin out there.



My opinion is that bullpen by committee might be the best option for now.  Down the road, I hope it is Sanchez.

Sanchez might be best in the role and with 8 strikeouts, he's the hot name.  However, he's yet to throw one high leverage situation yet in the major leagues.  I think that Sanchez should be headed toward the role, but shouldn't be thrown directly into the role.  I want to see him in a pressure situation before being anointed the new closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment