Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thoughts on John Steigerwald and Senseless Violence

I think the man is an idiot.  Based on his comments, maybe everyone in the stadium should conform to a dress code of suits and ties, or whatever he defines as dressed as a normal human being.  Steigerwald has since "apologized" according to Craig Calcaterra of Hardball Talk, http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/13/john-steigerwald-explains-himself.  I don't really consider that an apology.  He explains he doesn't blame the victim, but instead was blaming the thugs that committed the act.


Funny, that original column didn't read like that to me.  To me, the column read like that it anything that happens to an adult who refuses to grow up is acceptable.  If I wore a jersey of my favorite team into the opposing team's stadium, I would expect some jeering and taunting full of foul language.  I might even expect a beer "accidentally" spilled or peanuts being thrown.  I wouldn't expect a brutal beating that leaves me on the brink of death.

No comments:

Post a Comment